Friday 9 January 2009

Taqwa

Abu Darda (Radiallahu anhu) reports that Rasulullah
(Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said: "Allah says: I am Allah besides whom there is no Diety, the Master of Kings, King of Kings. Verily the hearts of kings are under the control of My Hands. When My servants obey me, I turn the hearts of kings and rulers towards them so that they rule over them with mercy and kindness and when My servants disobey Me, I turn the hearts of kings and rulers to treat them harshly, with anger and vengeance. Thereby they mete out torture and oppression. Hence do not occupy yourselves with praying for curses upon kings and instead turn to Me in remembrance and with humility. And I will preserve you against the tyranny of the kings."

I pray that there is peace and mercy for the people of Palestine and those oppressed everywhere (regardless of creed or colour). And I pray that our Masjids especially are full of people also making these prayers so that the mercies will flow from the heavens.

No comments:

Post a Comment